The Opportunity Development Representative supports the company’s outbound prospecting effort and works to identify, track, contact and grow new customer relationships across the U.S. within a designated product segment, industry or strategic growth area. The job requires an understanding of general business processes, the ability to gain industry specific knowledge, technical skills and keen salesmanship. Good written, listening and interpersonal skills are needed, as well as the ability to stay organized, manage introductory meetings, present case studies, and support/lead software demos. This position provides an important bridge to the software development, operations and fulfillment staff. This individual is responsible for opportunity identification only, as line and senior management will provide the necessary support to develop the proposed solution and move the opportunity forward to closure.
National Call Responsibilities:
- Manage front end of the sales funnel for the company — initiating prospective client cold calls and outbound emails — documenting progress and related results in 4C’s internal tracking system.
- Performs needed research about potential clients, capturing contact information, title, email, phone as well as company website. Identifies best contacts within an organization, given the outreach at hand, and initiates contact.
- Attain expected inbound/outbound opportunity performance on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain product, platform and industry knowledge to better communicate custom nature of 4C features and benefits to prospective customers.
- Flexibility to encourage discussion and recognize sales opportunities when faced with customer pain points and need for technology support.
- Ability to develop and communicate a compelling business case to the prospect along with managing follow up discussions and return calls.
- Liaison with management and operations teams, with an understanding of overall capabilities, roles and functions, including 4CDesignWorks and 4CGeoWorks divisions.
- Understand how to build and sustain trusting customer relationships, get around gatekeepers and forge connections over the phone and through email.
- Familiarity with custom development case studies, challenges and solutions.
- Maintain visibility at national and regional industry events as required; Attend local professional services group functions as needed.
- Supports development of marketing campaigns, content marketing and drives event or workshop attendance as required.
- Manages vertical sales campaigns and assist with direct mail if/when needed.
- May assist with proposal generation, service orders and project requirements.
- May perform special projects and other duties as requested.
- Must comply with all company policies.
- Proficiency in PC and technology skills, including MS office skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to learn, adapt and advance skill set as technology changes.
- Experience in customer relationship management (CRM) software is helpful.
- Knowledge of sales automation software, prospecting data services (e.g., ZoomInfo), and email outreach tools is also a plus.
- Pleasant, clear voice; strong written communications.
- Able to juggle multiple initiatives while maintaining a focus on sales activity required to attain opportunity identification.
- Able to communicate openly and offer suggestions for program improvement.
- Must work effectively individually, or within a team environment
- Able to accept constructive coaching as needed
Experience – Minimum Requirements
- Entry to mid-level, at least 1 year sales/marketing experience or proven class / project work.
- Passionate about driving the successful growth of the organization.
- Proven track record in customer service & support and/or marketing experience is helpful.
- Construction or manufacturing industry sales experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Advanced PC skills in keyboarding
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional image; Enthusiastic and goal orientated
- Degree preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience, may include performance-based bonus opportunities in the future.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor is it all inclusive of the tasks associated with the performance of this job.